You are here
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Varian MSWorkstation software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of MSWorkstation software; tuning methods; creating scan and MS/MS methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; and reports.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the Varian MSWorkstation software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will learn how to create a full scan and MS/MS method to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Varian Ion Trap instruments using the MSWorkstation software.
Course Venue: ATSG at the Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
Number of days: 2
Price: �665 plus 20% VAT
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 2-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Varian Saturn) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Varian Saturn Ion Trap with MSWorkstation) course for �1225 20% VAT