You are here
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of ion trap GC-MS along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Varian Saturn 2200 Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer.
This course includes an introduction to ion trap mass spectrometry; the vacuum system; ionisation including EI and CI; the ion trap mass filter; and the detector. The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument including ion source cleaning, filament replacement, detector replacement and vacuum system maintenance.
The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting by examining the effects of faults in the system on the chromatographic output. This course includes an introduction to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on leaks, tunes & diagnostics, GC considerations, vacuum system, ion source, ion trap mass filter and MS detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
For training on the GC hardware please see the 2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training (Varian GC) course.
- You will learn the theory & principles of mass spectrometry focusing on the ion trap GC-MS
- You will become familiar with the Varian Saturn 2200 Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer instrumentation learning about the function & operation of individual components
- You will gain experience of adjusting the important MS parameters
- You will gain practical experience of performing maintenance of each MS component including vacuum system, ion source, ion trap mass filter & detector
- You will learn the strategies and gain practical experience of instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Varian ion trap mass spectrometers.
Course Venue: ATSG at the Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
Number of days: 2
Price: �665 plus 20% VAT
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 2-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Varian MSWorkstation) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Varian with MSWorkstation) course for �1225 VAT.