You are here
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to gas chromatography and GC-MS. The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of GC & GC-MS.
- What is a GC or GC-MS?
- Why would you use them? How would they help solve your problems and what answers could they give?
- When would you use them? What types of analytes and samples can you use them for?
- How would you use them? How do they work and what is available?
- Where would you use them? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of chromatography
- You will understand the definition of gas chromatography
- You will learn the principles and components of the gas chromatograph
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for GC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of GC-MS